- As per the title, this web site is mainly about new routing in the Hajar Mountain Range.
- All information will be given referring to the official UAE guide book. Routes or areas already listed in the guide book are only mentioned here to help locate the new routes. So, first thing, to use this web site : get yourself a copy of the guidebook (see Where to ?).
- On the topos, the new routes are drawn in blue, while pre-existing routes are drawn in red. Only the new routes get a grade. Not all of the ancient routes are drawn and there are usually more routes on the rock than on these diagrams.
- All these new routes have only seen very few ascents, if any, so wear a helmet (while belaying) and don't hang around underneath when someone's climbing them. There is a real risk of small, and sometimes large, rockfall.
- Don't pay too much attention to the grades given here, they are merely indications.
- Accesses to the cliffs are given using largely GPS coordinates, this type of description might prove inefficient, especially if you
don't own a GPS navigator. So, once again, first thing :
get yourself a copy of the guidebook which contains detailed written directions.
Climbing in the Hajar Mountain Range
Additions to the UAE Rock Climbing Guidebook